When it comes to optimum health and comfort, humidifiers are proven beneficial to your well-being. The only challenge is knowing how to use them properly so you can make the most of these products in your home. So today, we will learn how close should a humidifier be to your bed and other important things to know.
Can You Put a Humidifier Next to Your Bed?
The most important question you should ask is how safe is it to put a humidifier near your bed. Are there negative effects of using this product while you sleep? Understanding these things before you decide to buy a humidifier for your bedroom will help you take advantage of its features and uses.
Most people who use humidifiers want them for their health benefits. It helps keep the environment better for their body while enjoying less dry air. In case you are not aware, the too dry atmosphere in your room can lead to sinusitis and skin issues. So it’s good to put your humidifier next to your bed while you sleep until morning.Click Image for Pricing Info of Cool Mist Humidifier on Amazon
Where to Place Humidifier in Bedroom
There is no perfect place where you can set your humidifier, but there are helpful tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of it. However, let’s focus on placing humidifiers in the bedroom.
Below are the ideal placement tips if you’re using a humidifier at home:
- If you want to sleep in the most comfortable way, you can put the humidifier near your bed. However, make sure it is positioned a few feet away to allow enough distance. The best recommendation is putting it as far as three feet from your bed.
- You can also place your humidifier on the floor, but make sure it’s two feet above the flooring. Avoid putting it in a place where there’s too much sunlight exposure such as the windows.
- Only position your humidifier in non-metallic surfaces. Putting it on a wooden surface or carpet may cause moisture and damage these surfaces. In order to prevent spilled water and mist droplets, you can use water-resistant cover or tray.
- To enjoy the most beneficial features of your humidifier, put it in the center of your bedroom or in one corner. Wherever you decide to place your humidifier, make sure that it’s convenient and safe.
It is not recommended to put humidifiers in a nearer point from your sleeping area. Allow a good distance so you can get relief from sinus congestion and cold.
Best Position for Humidifier
Knowing the best position when it comes to using a humidifier at home is really important. More often than not, the bedroom and living room are perhaps the most common areas where people keep their portable units. According to experts, the best position when using your humidifier is to put it where everyone can enjoy its benefits the most.
On the other hand, one certain way to completely take advantage of your humidifier is to place it where you exactly need it to be. Considering the size of your room where you’re planning to position your humidifier is another important factor you need to keep in mind. Remember, this device has a specific capacity and your bedroom’s size should match it.
The following are some helpful tips in determining the best position for your humidifier:
- Determine the humidity level in your room using a hygrometer. This will help you decide where to position the device so that you won’t get excess moisture in your room’s atmosphere. Just turn on your humidifier when the humidity level is below 40 percent.
- Consider the height when buying. The most common types of humidifier are evaporative and ultrasonic. Whichever you choose, make sure to put your humidifier above the ground level. The area near the humidifier may become moist and slippery so place it in a safer area to avoid accidents.
Should Humidifier Run All Night
Sometimes, you wake up with dry lips and feeling parched. This is because the humidity level in your room is too low. You need to use your humidifier to make sure you get enough moist in the air. However, it’s important to consider your health before you decide to use this device.
If you fear that there might be molds growing in your home, you should be cautious when using a humidifier. You may also have a low tolerance for extreme humidity which can make you skeptical in using this product. Therefore, you need to guarantee that it’s safe to keep a humidifier on all night.
It’s safe to run your humidifier all night as long as you know how you react to it. After all, this device helps keep your skin moisturized all throughout the night without worrying that you’ll have chapped lips and dry skin the next morning. The decision to use a humidifier or not overnight depends on what you really need.
What Can I Put in My Humidifier
Essential oils are the most common thing people put in their humidifiers. However, knowing which essential oil you should use will depend on your specific needs. Whether you just want to stay relaxed or relieved from stress, the right choice will provide you with excellent benefits.
For instance, lavender essential oil helps calm and relax your mood especially when you put it in your humidifier during bedtime. The peppermint oil is known for invigorating the senses, hence treating fatigue, common colds, and even trauma.
Diffusing essential oils in your humidifier is one of the best ways to take advantage of them. Imagine, you immediately get the health benefits of the oil after a few drops on your humidifier. It releases moisture in the air while providing relief for flu symptoms, dry throat, and dry skin.
Just keep in mind that not all humidifiers are designed for essential oil use. So before you put them in your humidifier, make sure the instruction manual says you can add essential oils into it. With proper use, you can enjoy all the benefits and convenience of a quality humidifier in your room.